2011 Photo Journal

52 weeks of self-portraits as part of a 52-week group photography project.

Tuesday

One



I decided to participate in a project to challenge me this year in one of my favorite hobbies - photography.  A friend of mine took a self-portrait once a week for 52 weeks last year and raved about how much she learned from it.  This year, I jumped on board.  I hope to expand my technical knowledge of the camera, increase my design sense and comfort using editing software, and have fun with friends and family in the process.  Since I usually take way more than one shot each week, I decided to post my favorite shots to this blog, and the very best of the week to the Group pages.  I looking forward to the year ahead as I go out Shooting for 52!

If you would like to follow the 52 Week Photo Project for all participants, or to jump in yourself, check out these links:

52 Week Photo Project

52 Week Flickr Group

52 Week Project Facebook Page

For lots of reasons, I had a hard time getting started with this.  I had never used the timer on the camera or used a tripod, plus, I hate pictures of myself (especially when I feel overweight).  The first few sessions I tried, my shots all looked awkward, so I invited a friend to join me at the library's coffee shop one day over lunch to help me relax.  We set the camera on a game box and got started.  I got some great shots and had a great time with Kristina too!

No comments:

Post a Comment